Hi guys! How’s it going? I hope everyone had a great weekend!
As soon as September 1st hit, I was in full on fall mode. I brought out the pumpkin decor, the fall candles, and started researching all the fall festivities to do in Atlanta this year. The only problem was that it was still 90 degrees outside.
Fast forward to now, the end of September. The mornings are officially below 60 degrees in Atlanta and the afternoon and evenings are starting to feel like FALL! I know some people are team summer all the way, but there’s just something about fall that gets me so excited.
I actually saw a post on Instagram (that I should have saved because I can’t find it anywhere!) that said all the psychological reasons why we love fall. It said something like it feels like a fresh start, there is excitement to get into a routine after summer, and there are so many festivities and holidays coming up to look forward to. I agree with all!!!
To update y’all on wedding planning, we’re almost 8 months out from the wedding which is SUPER exciting!! We visited my family in Columbia earlier this month and my mom and I went shopping for all of my bridesmaid proposal box items!! Can’t wait to share and make a whole blog post on what I got and how I made everything.
Before jumping into the highlights, I just wanted to say I am thinking and praying for everyone who is affected by Hurricane Ian. Sending so much love your way.
SOME SEPTEMBER HIGHLIGHTS:
- saw my first comedy show (Amy Schumer!!) at the Roxy in ATL
- got my film engagement photos back <3
- tailgated & attending a Carolina game with the fam
- built my bridesmaid proposal boxes
- got my hair cut & highlighted
- watched two dogs from the Rover app
- explored new restaurants and shopping in ATL with a friend
- recovered from a virus Casey Blakely and I all had 🙁
- turned 24 🙂
Now, let’s jump in to this month’s favorite things!
Reading Recap –
September surprisingly wasn’t a big reading month for me. I started the book Forever Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid and had such a hard time getting into it that it’s STILL taking me *forever* to get through.
Are you the type of person that can put down a book halfway through if you’re not into it?? I wish I could! I keep thinking it will get better, so stay tuned for my thoughts and book review on my Instagram story.
I also started the book Boundaries & am loving it. I struggle with boundaries a lot in my life because I am a people pleaser, so I’m hoping this book will allow me to take back my power. So far, I’m loving it!
- Forever Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend
I listened to a handful of great podcast episodes this month, but these 4 were my favorite!! You can see there are themes of motherhood, fall, and constantly improving yourself.
- What We’re Still Talking About 01: Marriage by Risen Motherhood Podcast. Even though I’m not officially married yet, this podcast episode was incredibly relatable. This podcast is a must for moms of all seasons. This particular episode spoke so much truth about how to honor your spouse in a busy season of life. Being a stay at home mom when my fiance works long days makes for a challenge, and this episode helped me so much with how to handle it all.
- How To Constantly Level Up, Motivate Yourself, Maximize Your Time, & Keep Growing by The Skinny Confidential Podcast. I always love a solo episode from Lauryn and Michael, and they brought the heat with this one. They touch on how to constantly work on yourself, balancing and improving even when life is busy, and tips and pointers on how to motivate yourself.
- Imperfect Parenting by Move With Heart Podcast. As soon as I saw Melissa Wood post a new podcast about parenting I immediately clicked play. I look up to her so much, and loved hearing all about her “anything but perfect” parenting style. In this episode, she answers community questions, she shares her own experience in discipline and balance, and gives practical tips and advice in an approachable way.
- Let’s Get In The Mood For FALL by Gals On The Go Podcast. Wanting to get in the mood for fall? The gals brought all the fall feels in this fall themed episode. They talk fall fashion trends, fall traditions and things to do, and what they are looking forward to most this fall living in NYC.
- Partner Track on Netflix. This TV show is definitely one to binge if you’re into workplace drama and love triangles.
- HOCUS POCUS TWO IS OUT ON MY BDAY on Disney+(SEPT 30!). I will not have seen it when this post goes live, but I will be sharing my full thoughts and reviews over the weekend via Instagram stories!
- Bachelor In Paradise on ABC. While I love ALL things bachelor and bachelorette, bachelor in paradise is my all time favorite that the franchise brings. I feel like we get to see the real personalities of the cast and it just has less rules and more entertainment from the get go. It just started on September 27!
HBH Oatmeal Cookies – these cookies are absolutely delicious and I feel *somewhat* healthy eating them with the oatmeal!
Vodka Pasta – not sure why I had never tried vodka pasta until this month but I am hooked!! This recipe is delicious, with or without the sausage! We tried it both ways!
Tuscan Soup – now that it is cozy season again, this tuscan soup is one of my favorite soups for the fall + winter!
SEPTEMBER FAVORITES ROUND UP
Target fall throw pillows… I went shopping with my mom when I visited home earlier this month and helped her pick out cute fall throw pillows to spice up her home! I couldn’t find the exact one we bought, but I wanted to share a few I found and love.
- This neutral cream pumpkin pillow would go so perfect with this plaid square pillow for your couch or a love seat.
- I loveee this simple mini pumpkin pillow that would pair great with a longer tufted green pillow with a pop of fall color.
- These woven plaid throw pillows are just the cutest.
Trader Joe’s Vanilla Pumpkin Candles… the most affordable and best smelling fall candle I have found! I stocked up on a few, but they really do last so long!
Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash Mac N Cheese… run to TJ to try these if you haven’t this fall!!!
Laniege Lip Sleeping Mask… y’all have probably heard me talk about this lip mask but seriously, a holy grail item over here. There isn’t a night that goes by that I don’t use this!
Bathroom tile stickers… okay, has anyone ever used these bathroom tile stickers? I’ve seen this is a renter friendly way to change up the look of a space, but I’m worried about doing it myself hahah. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts!
Serenity Kids Broccoli Puffs & Pouches… my 21 month old Blakely goes crazy for these. Both the puffs (her fave snack) and the pouches use simple, clean ingredients that I always feel so good about feeding to Blakely. Mamas, you can use code COURTFIT for $ off their site! <3
Aritzia Fall Clothing Items… yep, I visited my first Aritzia store the other weekend and fell in love. Here are a few of my favorite fall pieces I saw that I wish I had all the money in the world to buy:
- Brown Vegan Leather Pants
- White Cropped Sweater Vest
- Squareneck Bodysuit
- Midi Sweater Dress
- Autumn Shirt Jacket
- Midi Skirt in Coffee Bean