There’s a saying for Christmas gifts that I’m late to the game on that goes something like this: buy a want, buy a need, buy something to wear, and something to read. Mind blown! How is this the first time I am hearing this amazing tip!!
I know Christmas is exactly 2 weeks away (crazy, right!?), and I have only completed like 10% of my gift shopping. So if you’re like me, don’t stress! My daughter Blakely just turned two at the beginning of December (cue the tears), so I thought it would be helpful for you mamas to have a gift guide on what to get your two year old // toddler this holiday season.
Growing up, my siblings and I had our presents under the tree categorized by “mom and dad gifts” and “Santa gifts.” We each got 1 or 2 gifts addressed from Santa that were always our “big” gift! I plan to continue that childhood tradition for Blakely, so below you’ll find that I included these categories for the gift ideas. Santa gifts are the more expensive, highly asked for, all out gifts. Mom and dad gifts are still big gifts, but are more like clothing or little toys/activities. And lastly, I threw in a few stocking stuffer ideas!
Before I dive into the gift ideas, I wanted to remind you guys that even though I share this list of gift ideas and stocking stuffers from Amazon, don’t feel like you have to buy everything new for your toddlers. I have found some amazing toys and clothes second-hand at consignment shops, thrift stores, and Facebook market. Please take this post for inspirations only!
I tried to follow my new favorite saying I mentioned above when putting together this gift guide too! You can also find everything linked in my Amazon storefront! Let me know what I missed in the comments below.I’d love to hear what you guys are gifting your little ones this year! Happy shopping!!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means I make a small commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. As always, I only recommend products or brands that I trust.
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe – A cozy coupe is always a hit with toddlers. Blakely’s grandma has one at her house & Blakely does not want to get out once she gets in!
- Kitchen Set – This would be the perfect gift for your hands-on two year old! After reading a lot of reviews, this one seems to have the best! I read it takes a while to assemble, so definitely keep that in mind.
- Children’s Chair – Blakely received this little chair last Christmas and still uses it almost daily. It’s the perfect sized chair for a 1-3 year old! I love that it is super lightweight, yet sturdy so Blakely can move it around herself.
- Indoor Slide – One of our friends who has a son around Blakely’s age has a slide like this in their playroom and it is ALL Blakely wants to do when we go over there to play. If we had more space in our apartment I would buy this for her in a heartbeat!
- Water Table – I know I know, a summer toy for Christmas?? But I had to include this because what kid doesn’t like to play with water!? We have this exact one and it is Blakely’s favorite activity during the summer months. It is entertainment for hours!
- Toddler Uggs – This will cover the what to wear category! Blakely loves her little Ugg boots – and actually, we bought them second hand!
Mom & Dad Gifts:
- Giant Legos – Over thanksgiving, Casey’s aunt had these out for the kids to play with, and seriously that’s all Blakely wanted to play with the whole 3 days we were there!
- Little People – I would say these Little People are Blakely’s current favorite thing to play with. She is SO sweet with them. We received this nativity set for her birthday, as well as this cute Barbie Little People car and she loves both so much!
- Magnetic Drawing Board
- Pop Up Play Tent
- Books – At this age, I’ve found the best books include board books, touch and feel books, and sound books.
- Dress Up – Blakely is always putting on me & Casey’s shoes & clothes haha. This would be a gift your two year old could use for years to come & would enjoy, especially if you also find them trying on your clothes!
Leave a Reply