Nothing screams cozy like a warm crockpot meal after a long chilly day.
Not to be dramatic… but crockpot meals are a life saver for me as a mom to a busy toddler. There’s just something about prepping dinner in the morning, and then returning home in the evening to the aromas of a perfectly cooked dinner.
While I use my crockpot year round, I find that I use it way more frequently (weekly!) during the winter months. It’s only Thursday, but just this week we have already used our crockpot twice for two of the meals that I will share below! Since we are in full blown holiday season packed with hosting or attending dinners with family and friends, I figured it would be the perfect time to share a few crockpot favorites.
Below you’ll find a list of 10 favorite winter crockpot recipes. Most are tried and true in my kitchen, but I also threw in a couple highly rated crockpot recipes that I plan to make this winter. There’s a pretty even mix of a little indulgent with well-rounded and healthy. Because life is all about balance right!?
Hope you guys enjoy this post! Let me know in the comments what your favorite crockpot recipe is so I can try it this season!
10 Cozy, Delicious & Easy Crockpot Meals:
1. CHICKEN, CARROTS & RICE – If you are just not in the mood to cook dinner, this meal is for those kinds of days! It is SO simple, yet so delicious. You basically just add chicken, carrots, onion, salt + pepper, and cream of mushroom soup to a slow cooker and cook on low for 5ish hours (until chicken is done and can flake off easily with two forks). It’s that easy!
2. TACO SOUP – Say hello to your new favorite dish for Taco Tuesdays! I tried this recipe out for the first time this week and it was a hit for all 3 of us… even Casey who is a hard critic when it comes to food! He rated it an 8/10 which is a win in my book. The cheese, avocado & cilantro toppings truly made this meal. It pairs well with cornbread!
3. PESTO MOZZARELLA CHICKEN & PASTA – Another easy prep meal (takes less than 5 min to prep!) that makes for a delicious dinner. This mozzarella chicken pasta is packed full of flavor and has become a family favorite in my home! I’ve added chopped spinach in ours to sneak in a little veggies too.
4. POT ROAST – Nothing screams cozy to me like a flavorful pot roast full of tasty carrots, potatoes & topped with a gravy. Though I haven’t tried this specific recipe, it has almost a hundred 5-star ratings!
5. CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN – We went over to a friend’s house a few months ago and were served the most amazing crockpot chicken for a ‘make your own taco’ night. I think that this meal is one of the easiest (and crowd-favorite) things to cook for guests if you are hosting! Make a spread on the counter full of tacos + all the toppings & allow your guests to grab straight out of the slow cooker. Easy peasy.
6. BROWN BUTTER MARINARA SAUCE – You guys know I had to throw in a Half Baked Harvest recipe. Though this one dates back to 2013, it sounded too good not to share. You really can’t go wrong with any of her recipes! I’m excited to try this one out this winter.
7. LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN & ORZO SOUP – Yet another recipe from Half Baked Harvest and another family favorite! This cozy soup is full of fresh herbs, kale, carrots, broth, all topped over orzo. I’ve only ever made this one on the stove top, but I’m looking forward to trying it out in the crockpot to make my life even easier.
8. CROCKPOT CHILI – I obviously had to include a chili recipe that’s tasty & easy in the crockpot. Chili is one of those foods that brings me back to my childhood and reminds me of my mom. She always made the most delicious chili (and we would eat it with fritos! It was the best meal ever!). I can’t wait to try out this new chili recipe as it has come highly rated!