Happy weekend everyone!
April has been such a whirlwind. This is actually my first Friday Favorites of the month! I am deciding between keeping the weekly Friday Favorites or changing it to monthly favorites. Let me know what you think in the comments!!
Quick catch up on April so far….
- Had our first lake weekend at Lake Lanier with Casey’s family
- Saw Frozen, The Broadway Musical, in Greenville SC for a date night with Casey
- Blakely turned 16 months old
- Traveled home to Lexington, SC to see my family for Easter
- Committed to a wedding venue & wedding planner
- Toured the wedding venue
It has been such a fun month! I’m actually headed to Charleston tomorrow to visit a friend for the night. I’ve been traveling every weekend of April, so I’m looking forward to some down time the last weekend of the month. I do love traveling and getting to see family and friends, but it is always nice to recharge & have a cozy weekend in your own home.
On this week’s Friday Favorites we’re talking all of the current things I’m loving, reading, listening to, and more. I share fun photos from April, wellness links that I found interesting, my favorite workout of the week and three devotionals that just might change your morning!!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means I make a small commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. As always, I only recommend products or brands that I trust.
Reading: I recently started reading the new release One Italian Summer and am loving it! I just finished reading The Good Sister (in like 2 days) and can’t say enough good things about it. Check out my full book review on my Instagram!
Listening to: The Great Gatspy on Spotify. This was recommended for me by Spotify when I opened my app and I dove into 4 chapters on my drive up to see my family for Easter! I’ve read it before in high school, but definitely didn’t appreciate it as much as I am now.
Watching: Yellowstone on Peacock. Y’all, Casey and I started this show last week and are flying through it. We have been watching 2-3 episodes a night and are hooked!!!
Wanting to buy: Supergoop Glowscreen. I have seen this all over my social media lately and have heard such good things!! I’ve been using Tula’s sunscreen for a year which I heard is similar, but I want to switch it up for the upcoming summer.
Loving: Kristin Ess shampoo and conditioner. I have been using this shampoo/conditioner duo for months and I love the way it makes my hair feel AND smell!! I love that it is safe to use on my colored hair too since I get it highlighted.
Following: LaurenKaySims’s blog and Instagram. I found her through Madeline Moves’s Instagram and have followed ever since. She posts a mixture of lifestyle, beauty, adorable outfit ideas and fitness content!
Wanting: Free People Way Home Shorts. These were a major TikTok trend a few months ago, and now that it is warming up for summer I am dying to try out these shorts!
Listening to: “How To Break Up With Your Friends And Identify Life’s Most Meaningful Relationships with Erin Falconer” by The Skinny Confidential. This was an interesting listen full of wisdom and important life lessons.
Using: My holy grail self-tanner – Loving Tan’s two hour express in shade “dark.” I always feel more confident and put together with a little extra glow… I mean who doesn’t?? As a busy mom I don’t have time to lay out in the sun for hours, so I love using this self-tanner on the occasion to give myself a natural looking tan!!
2) PHOTOS FROM THE MONTH
3) WELLNESS LINKS I’M LOVING
- The Best New Wellness Tools For Spring – If you’re looking to up your wellness game! I loveee seeing what other people are using to enhance their health and wellness routines… and this blog post is by Goop’s editors!
- Why Adding Water To Your Scrambled Eggs Makes Them The Fluffiest – What!! I’ve never heard of doing this, but now it is a must-try.
- How To Prep Your Skin For Makeup Glow – Love these tips from The Skinny Confidential’s Lauryn Bostick… the queen of skincare tips & tricks!
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus – Ummmmm need to try this immediately. Asparagus is one of my favorite spring veggies and I think the prosciutto would take it to the next level.
- Are There Really Benefits to Chlorophyll Water? – Getting the scoop on this buzzing Tiktok trend.
- Healthy Habits Wellness Experts Trust – Such great reminders of simple habits we can include in our day to day for a healthier lifestyle.
4) FAVORITE WORKOUT OF THE WEEK
I have been loving going on long walks lately. I spent the first week of April in the gym, but the rest of the month we have been traveling and I haven’t had as much access to the gym. Now that the weather is warming up, I’m loving getting some fresh air and movement through daily walks. And specifically power walks.
I’ve been doing 1 mile in the mornings and it truly leaves me feeling so good. There are SO many benefits to intentionally walking everyday, and I’ve compiled a list of just a few to inspire and share with you.
- promotes a healthy heart
- improves mood (for sure!!!)
- increases energy
- promotes creative thinking (i’ve found this to be true too)
- increases metabolism
- promotes healthy blood flow
- helps protect joints
5) THREE BOOKS TO BETTER YOUR MORNING
I’ve read through this devotional through twice now and it’s still just as good. It’s a daily devotional that focuses on the Gospel and truly reveals God’s goodness and grace. I have found that Paul David Tripp makes it each devotional easy to read and understand, and also relatable. This is one of the few devotionals that has really clicked with me and I use daily!
I’ve also read through this daily meditation book a few times and still truly get something out of each message. Included are brief messages or stories with important life lessons that allow you to reflect and learn. When I found out I was pregnant my junior year of college, I leaned a lot on this book and it really helped me through. This book is such a gift and I highly recommend!
If you follow me on Instagram, you know I live by this planner. I am a person who craves structure and organization and this planner allows me to do have just that. What I love most about it is that it includes a lot of health aspects which is something I prioritize day to day. Some include: weekly meal ideas, fitness activity tracker, water tracker, meal plan and prep areas, and more!! It’s even on sale for 60% off right now for $26!